Patagonia, Lakes & Volcanoes
Sailing the Andes!
· International & Domestic flights with Latam Airlines
· Daily breakfast, all transfers, tours with bilingual guides, and local taxes
· 2 nights accommodation in double roomat Legado Mitico Hotel in Buenos Aires
· 1 Half-day City Tour in Buenos Aires
· 1 Argentine Experience wine tasting and Dinner
· 3 nights accommodation in double room at Llao Llao Hotel & Resort in Bariloche
· 2 Day Lake Crossing from Bariloche to Puerto Varas
· 1 night accommodation in double room at Puerto Blest Hotel in Puerto Blest
· 1 night accommodation in double room at Cumbres Puerto Varas Hotel in Puerto Varas
· 1 night accommodation in double room at Cumbres Lastarria Hotel in Santiago de Chile
· 1 Half-day City tour in Santiago de Chile
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
· Meals and drinks other than those mentioned
· Tips and personal expenses
· Travel insurance
· Entrance fees to National Parks
· Optional tours and experiences
· Any items not mentioned
From US$ 3,214.00* PER PERSON including international flights departing from NY (JFK) & all domestic flights with Latam Airlines.
*Price per person in US$, based on std. room in First Class accommodation, subject to availability and may change without notice. Airfare included with Latam Airlines. Please read terms and conditions. Insurance is highly recommended. This is an exclusive promotion through Borello Travel & Tours.
Day 01: Buenos Aires
Upon arrival at the airport, transfer to Legado Mitico Hotel
Half day classic city tour
Enjoy a three-hour sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires, a cosmopolitan city that reflects the rich heritage of the numerous immigrants that shaped Argentina’s capital. The tour starts at the historic Plaza de Mayo square, flanked by the Government House, better as the "Pink House”; the Cabildo (the old City Hall) and the Cathedral. Further south, visit the picturesque port neighborhood of La Boca with its colorful street Caminito, a pedestrian street filled with art stalls and performing artists; its unique architecture---painted in a rainbow of colors, and traditions that the influence of the European immigrants, especially Genovese sailors, who settled along these shores at the end of the 19th century. The tour continues towards San Telmo, one of the oldest and most charming neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, which has preserved most of its architectural heritage and boasts lovely cobblestone streets lined with colonial townhouses, cafes and antique shops. Next on the tour is the upscale waterfront district of Puerto Madero and Palermo neighborhood with its elegant residences set among large grassy parks. The tour concludes in Recoleta, Buenos Aires’ most sophisticated and high-end neighborhood. Return to the hotel.
Day 02: Buenos Aires
The Argentine Experience: (Transfers not included)
The Argentine Experience is designed to give you an introduction to the best of Argentine cuisine and culture. This is NOT a cooking class, but a fun and unique experience, where you will meet and dine with people from all over the world.
Our international team of guides are on hand to spoil you and take you through every step of this culinary journey.
Wine experience will start the night early at 6.15pm
1-First, awaken your senses by exploring the nuances and aromas in Argentina’s flagship wines – Torrentes, Bonarda and Malbec – and try to identify the 20 different smells in our aroma area.
2-Next, learn from our resident mixologist how to make, shake and create three wine-based cocktails with red, white and rose wines from award-winning wineries, and enjoy three perfectly paired gourmet appetisers to complement them.
3-Try your hand at making your own cocktail from scratch (optional) with the assistance of our friendly guides, and take home all the recipes for the cocktails and appetisers to recreate for friends and family.
4-When you are done making your cocktail, we will take you to the main salon for the dinner experience!
Dinner experience starts at 8.00pm.
1. Choose from our gourmet fillings and create your own empanada learning the traditional ‘repulgue’ technique.
2. Later, use your imagination in Argentina’s first and only novelty empanada competition. Alongside your creations, enjoy grilled provoleta cheese with sliced chorizo sausage, and homemade chimichurri.
3. Enjoy what many are claiming to be the very best steak in Argentina, cooked to order and accompanied with velvety mash potatoes and oven roasted vegetables. Our top of the line thick cut fillet steaks have a unique 24 hour preparation method that sets us apart from the rest. Vegetarian, pescetarian and celiac options are available on request.
4. 1 Torrontes and 2 distinct Malbec wines will be selected from boutique wineries in Mendoza, paired to complement our food. Learn about and enjoy unlimited wine throughout the dinner. White wine is also available on request.
5. Learn how to communicate like a true argentine with their classic hand gesture class.
6. For desert make your own alfajores, Argentina’s national sweet, where biscuits, dulce de leche, melted chocolate fondue and coconut shavings combine to delight the senses.
7. Finally, get taught about the history and etiquette of mate, Argentina’s national pastime, and prepare it from scratch among yourselves. By 11pm the dinner should be over.
Day 03: Buenos Aires – Bariloche
At appropriate time, transfer to Buenos Aires local airport.
Upon arrival to Bariloche airport, transfer to Llao Llao Hotel & Resort
Days 4 -5: Bariloche
Days at leisure to enjoy some of the activities at Llao Llao Hotel & Resort.
Outdoor Activities: Archery, Walks, Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Windsurfing, Rappelling.
Indoor Activities: Hydrogym, Stretching , Salsa and Tango, Pilates mat, Spinning, Yoga, Core Ball, Pilates reformer classes, Aerobics, Body building room, game rooms (pool, Ping Pong, card games, etc.)
Day 6: Bariloche – Lake Crossing – Puerto Blest
Full day Lake Crossing
Departure from Bariloche hotels to Puerto Pañuelo, where you embark on the catamaran "Victoria Andina" or "Victoria Del Lago" to navigate the Nahuel Huapi Lake for an hour to Puerto Blest, during a journey of 15 miles, you will be able to observe the magnificence of the Andean landscape, the green of the rainforests that surround us. Arrival to Puerto Blest.
Accommodation at Puerto Blest Hotel
Day 7: Puerto Blest – Lake Crossing – Puerto Varas
In Puerto Blest modern busses will be waiting for you to travel for 1.8 miles along the Frías River up to Puerto Alegre. Then we will continue on the “Ciudad de la Fé” ship, to navigate de Felix Frías Lake with its quiet and unspoilt waters of deep turquoise color heading to Puerto Frías. On this tour, we will have beautiful views of the Tronador Mountain 11.453 ft of height. After a short navigation of 20 minutes approximately, you will arrive to Puerto Frías, a small location inserted in the middle of exuberant vegetation. After performing the departure formalities at the Argentinian Customs Office, continue by bus to Peulla.
You will enter the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park where Peulla is located. After performing the entry formalities for Chile in Peulla, transfer to Hotel Peulla and Hotel Natura Patagonia. Time for lunch. (Lunch not included). You will continue sailing to Petrohué, navigating the Todos los Santos Lake. If the weather permits new views of Osorno and Puntiagudo Volcano and Tronador mount will surprise you. On route we will visit the Petrohué waterfalls (Does not include entry), whimsical shapes of volcanic rock, bathed by green waterfalls make the perfect picture. Next, bordering the Llanquihue Lake, breathtaking views of the Osorno and Calbuco volcanoes dominate the landscape. Arrival to Puerto Varas and transfer to the hotel.
Accommodation at Cumbres Puerto Varas Hotel
Day 8: Puerto Varas – Santiago de Chile
At appropriate time, transfer to Puerto Montt airport for your flight.
Upon arrival to Santiago de Chile, transfer to Cumbres Lastarria Hotel
Half day classic city tour
Pick up from hotel to explore the historic and modern sights of Santiago de Chile. Start at Santiago’s main avenue Alameda Bernardo O’Higgins with a visit to La Moneda, the Government Palace. Enjoy a relaxed stroll through the shopping streets Huérfanos and Ahumada, to the famous Plaza de Armas. This is Santiago’s main square, surrounded by the Metropolitan Cathedral and other historical buildings like City Hall and the Post Office, both dating from colonial times. Then visit Santa Lucia hill, a small hill in the center conquered by the Spanish founded in 1541 who then founded Santiago. The hill has stairways, fountains and a monument describing the features of the new conquered land. It offers a view on Parque Forestal (urban park) on one side and the Mapocho River on the other. Across the river, visit the enigmatic bohemian neighborhood of Bellavista nestled at the foot of Cerro San Cristóbal and its Metropolitan Park. Bellavista buzzes with top restaurants, just like Providencia, the last stop on the tour, which also boasts many elegant shops and modern high-rise buildings. In the afternoon return to hotel.
Day 9: Santiago de Chile
At appropriate time, transfer to the airport to take your flight.
Tour descriptions and approximate times are for informational purposes only. Some places described may be substituted and/or approximate times may be subject to change, due to unexpected circumstances or weather conditions.