Let’s Do It: Argentina & Uruguay Rejuvenation
8 Days / 7 Nights
Validity: Until 2017 - Departures: promotion 1 night free valid from January to February 2017
Places visited: Buenos Aires, Carmelo Uruguay
Let’s Do It: Argentina & Uruguay Rejuvenation
- International flights with Aerolineas Argentinas
- Daily breakfast, transfers, tours with bilingual guides, and local taxes
- 3 nights accommodation in double room at Legado Mitico hotel in Buenos Aires
- 1 half-day classic city tour in Buenos Aires
- 1 argentine experience wine tasting and dinner in Buenos Aires
- 4 nights accommodation in double room at Carmelo Resort & Spa, a Hyatt hotel in Carmelo
- 1 two course lunch with non-alcoholic beverages for 2 people
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Meals and drinks other than those mentioned
- Fluvial transportation from Buenos Aires to Carmelo
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional tours and experiences
- Any items not mentioned
FROM US$ 2367* PER PERSON
*Price per person in US$, based on std. room in boutique and 5– star accommodation, subject to availability and may change without notice. Airfare with Aerolineas Argentinas included. Please read terms and conditions. Insurance is highly recommended. This is an exclusive promotion through Borello Travel & Tours.
Day 01: Buenos Aires
Upon arrival at the airport, private transfer to Legado Mitico Buenos Aires Hotel.
Half day classic city tour (Private tour)
Enjoy a three-hour sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires, a cosmopolitan city that reflects the rich heritage of the numerous immigrants that shaped Argentina’s capital. The tour starts at the historic Plaza de Mayo square, flanked by the Government House, better as the "Pink House”; the Cabildo (the old City Hall) and the Cathedral. Further south, visit the picturesque port neighborhood of La Boca with its colorful street Caminito, a pedestrian street filled with art stalls and performing artists; its unique architecture---painted in a rainbow of colors, and traditions that the influence of the European immigrants, especially Genovese sailors, who settled along these shores at the end of the 19th century. The tour continues towards San Telmo, one of the oldest and most charming neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, which has preserved most of its architectural heritage and boasts lovely cobblestone streets lined with colonial townhouses, cafes and antique shops. Next on the tour is the upscale waterfront district of Puerto Madero and Palermo neighborhood with its elegant residences set among large grassy parks. The tour concludes in Recoleta, Buenos Aires’ most sophisticated and high-end neighborhood.
Day 02: Buenos Aires
The Argentine Experience: (Transfers not included)
The Argentine Experience is designed to give you an introduction to the best of Argentine cuisine and culture. This is NOT a cooking class, but a fun and unique experience, where you will meet and dine with people from all over the world.
Our international team of guides are on hand to spoil you and take you through every step of this culinary journey.
Wine experience will start the night early at 6.15pm
1-First, awaken your senses by exploring the nuances and aromas in Argentina’s flagship wines – Torrentes, Bonarda and Malbec – and try to identify the 20 different smells in our aroma area.
2-Next, learn from our resident mixologist how to make, shake and create three wine-based cocktails with red, white and rose wines from award-winning wineries, and enjoy three perfectly paired gourmet appetisers to complement them.
3-Try your hand at making your own cocktail from scratch (optional) with the assistance of our friendly guides, and take home all the recipes for the cocktails and appetisers to recreate for friends and family.
4-When you are done making your cocktail, we will take you to the main salon for the dinner experience!
Dinner experience starts at 8.00pm.
1. Choose from our gourmet fillings and create your own empanada learning the traditional ‘repulgue’ technique.
2. Later, use your imagination in Argentina’s first and only novelty empanada competition. Alongside your creations, enjoy grilled provoleta cheese with sliced chorizo sausage, and homemade chimichurri.
3. Enjoy what many are claiming to be the very best steak in Argentina, cooked to order and accompanied with velvety mash potatoes and oven roasted vegetables. Our top of the line thick cut fillet steaks have a unique 24 hour preparation method that sets us apart from the rest. Vegetarian, pescetarian and celiac options are available on request.
4. 1 Torrontes and 2 distinct Malbec wines will be selected from boutique wineries in Mendoza, paired to complement our food. Learn about and enjoy unlimited wine throughout the dinner. White wine is also available on request.
5. Learn how to communicate like a true argentine with their classic hand gesture class.
6. For desert make your own alfajores, Argentina’s national sweet, where biscuits, dulce de leche, melted chocolate fondue and coconut shavings combine to delight the senses.
7. Finally, get taught about the history and etiquette of mate, Argentina’s national pastime, and prepare it from scratch among yourselves. By 11pm the dinner should be over.
Day 03: Buenos Aires
Day at leisure to enjoy optional experiences
Day 04: Buenos Aires – Carmelo
Accommodation at Carmelo Resort & Spa, a Hyatt Hotel
Day 05 - 07: Carmelo Resort & Spa.
Free time to explore no matter your interests, there is something for you to do and enjoy or relax and do nothing
Enjoy the following services and activities free of charge:
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Unlimited access to Chandra Spa: indoor swimming pool, sauna, relaxation room, jacuzzi and fitness center
- Bikes for adults and kids
- Visit the nearby private marina “Puerto Camacho”
- Relax on the Resort’s private sand beach on the banks of Rio de la Plata river
- Two tennis courts
- Walk among native trees and grasses and admire the wetlands
- Yoga lessons at the Yoga Studio on the beach
- Discover the region, our Concierge can assist you with the following activities (extra charge will apply):
- Learn our Chef’s best kept secrets in a private cooking lesson
- Spend the day on the water while canoeing or fishing
- Taste local wines or enjoy a picnic in the heart of the vineyards at Narbona Winery
- Hit the links at the golf course
- Ride on well-trained horse along wooded and sandy riverside trails and woods. Horses are available for every skill level.
- Discover how to play the king’s sport on a polo lesson.
- Fall in love with a stunning sunset cruise
Day 08: Carmelo
At appropriate time, private transfer to Montevideo airport for your flight.
END OF SERVICES
Tour descriptions and approximate times are for informational purposes only. Some places described may be substituted and/or approximate times may be subject to change, due to unexpected circumstances or weather conditions.