Airplanes, beach towels, for me and my friends, please!
The perfect combination doing things and relaxing
Buenos Aires, & Uruguay: Jose Ignacio Bahia Vik
Departures: Sep thru Dec 20 and Jan 10 thru April 2017
- International & Domestic flights
- Daily breakfast, all transfers, tours with bilingual guides, and local taxes
- 3 night accommodation in double room at Mine Hotel in Buenos Aires
- 1 half-day Classic City tour in Buenos Aires
- 1 Argentine experience Wine tasting & Dinner
- 3 nights accommodation in double room at Bahia Vik Hotel in Jose Ignacio
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Meals and drinks other than those mentioned
- Tips and personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Optional tours and experiences
- Any items not mentioned
From US$ 2,890.00* PER PERSON including international flights departing from NY (JFK) & all domestic flights with Aerolineas Argentinas.
*Price per person in US$, based on std. room in Luxury Boutique accommodations, subject to availability and may change without notice. Airfare included. Please read terms and conditions. Insurance is highly recommended. This is an exclusive promotion through Borello Travel & Tours.
Day 01: Buenos Aires
Upon arrival at the airport, private transfer to Mine Hotel.
Half day classic city tour
Enjoy a three-hour sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires, a cosmopolitan city that reflects the rich heritage of the numerous immigrants that shaped Argentina’s capital. The tour starts at the historic Plaza de Mayo square, flanked by the Government House, better as the "Pink House”; the Cabildo (the old City Hall) and the Cathedral. Further south, visit the picturesque port neighborhood of La Boca with its colorful street Caminito, a pedestrian street filled with art stalls and performing artists; its unique architecture---painted in a rainbow of colors, and traditions that the influence of the European immigrants, especially Genovese sailors, who settled along these shores at the end of the 19th century. The tour continues towards San Telmo, one of the oldest and most charming neighborhoods in Buenos Aires, which has preserved most of its architectural heritage and boasts lovely cobblestone streets lined with colonial townhouses, cafes and antique shops. Next on the tour is the upscale waterfront district of Puerto Madero and Palermo neighborhood with its elegant residences set among large grassy parks. The tour concludes in Recoleta, Buenos Aires’ most sophisticated and high-end neighborhood.
Day 02: Buenos Aires
The Argentine Experience: (Transfers not included)
The Argentine Experience is designed to give you an introduction to the best of Argentine cuisine and culture. This is NOT a cooking class, but a fun and unique experience, where you will meet and dine with people from all over the world.
Our international team of guides are on hand to spoil you and take you through every step of this culinary journey.
Wine experience will start the night early at 18.15hs
1-First, awaken your senses by exploring the nuances and aromas in Argentina’s flagship wines – Torrentes, Bonarda and Malbec – and try to identify the 20 different smells in our aroma area.
2-Next, learn from our resident mixologist how to make, shake and create three wine-based cocktails with red, white and rose wines from award-winning wineries, and enjoy three perfectly paired gourmet appetisers to complement them.
3-Try your hand at making your own cocktail from scratch (optional) with the assistance of our friendly guides, and take home all the recipes for the cocktails and appetisers to recreate for friends and family.
4-When you are done making your cocktail, we will take you to the main salon for the dinner experience!
Dinner experience starts at 20hs.
1. Choose from our gourmet fillings and create your own empanada learning the traditional ‘repulgue’ technique.
2. Later, use your imagination in Argentina’s first and only novelty empanada competition. Alongside your creations, enjoy grilled provoleta cheese with sliced chorizo sausage, and homemade chimichurri.
3. Enjoy what many are claiming to be the very best steak in Argentina, cooked to order and accompanied with velvety mash potatoes and oven roasted vegetables. Our top of the line thick cut fillet steaks have a unique 24 hour preparation method that sets us apart from the rest. Vegetarian, pescetarian and celiac options are available on request.
4. 1 Torrontes and 2 distinct Malbec wines will be selected from boutique wineries in Mendoza, paired to complement our food. Learn about and enjoy unlimited wine throughout the dinner. White wine is also available on request.
5. Learn how to communicate like a true argentine with their classic hand gesture class.
6. For desert make your own alfajores, Argentina’s national sweet, where biscuits, dulce de leche, melted chocolate fondue and coconut shavings combine to delight the senses.
7. Finally, get taught about the history and etiquette of mate, Argentina’s national pastime, and prepare it from scratch among yourselves. By 23hs the dinner should be over.
Day 03: Buenos Aires
Day at leisure.
Day 04: Buenos Aires – Jose Ignacio
At appropriate time, private transfer to the airport for your flight to Ushuaia, and transfer from Ushuaia airport to the Selected Hotel.
Day 05 - 06: Jose Ignacio
Days at leisure to enjoy some of the activities at Bahia Vik:
- Pablo Atchugarry’s Sculpture garden
- Tennis court at Estancia Vik
- Exclusive Vik Wines tasting
- Birdwatching at Estancia Vik
- Horseback riding at Estancia Vik
- Star gazing at the pit fire
Day 07: Jose Ignacio.
At appropriate time, private transfer to the airport.
END OF SERVICES
Tour descriptions and approximate times are for informational purposes only. Some places described may be substituted and/or approximate times may be subject to change, due to unexpected circumstances or weather conditions.